Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great Music - Eric Himan

Eric HIman,Blog

I have mentioned Eric Himan a couple of times, and so I thought it was about time I stepped up and talked about him. Eric is an amazing artist I have been following for a couple of years. I followed his music long before I caught my first live show, and that just sealed the deal. He is amazing live, sounding every bit as good, if not better. He also has such charm with the crowd, always with a funny tale or a heartwarming story.

Eric Himan,Blog

I was hooked early on by the song, One Night Stands, a poppy song about the search for love. There was something in his voice, in the phrasing that just grabbed me and has never let go. He has put out seven CDs and an EP of which I am aware, and own them all.

Eric Himan

Some of the highlights include for me, from the eponymous first CD, Pull, owing a debt to the folk roots while adding a healthy dose of the blues. And from I Go On, there is I Ain’t Done With You, a flat-out blues song. Aside from One Night Stands, the Folk/Rock song A Good Good Cry could be found on All For Show, a love song. Dark Horse was full of good stuff, including an incredible cover of Holding Back The Years. One Night Stands is a collection of live performances. On Everywhere At Once, there was the searing rocker, Heart/Clean, offering up the sage words, ‘I’m after a genuine love, so don’t kiss my ass to get my pants undone.’



Next came the EP There’s Got To Be Something, with the song of the same name. Last year, Eric released Resonate, which featured the first release Little Boy Blue as well as The Protest Song, an unapologetic Gay rights anthem.



In the past year, Eric has been doing gigs both as a soloist and as a member of Eric and the Adams, working with an electric sound with the brother/sister duo, Angel and Jimmy Adams.

eric himan,blog


As I have said before, Eric has introduced me to many artists I still support. The list of his opening acts that I loved include Aiden James and Tom Goss. He is a gift that keeps on giving. You can find out more information at Eric’s website.

2 comments:

  1. I love his stuff. He's out on tour now, and would suggest anyone who could catch him should.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails