Saturday, April 20, 2013

James Taylor • Up On The Roof

James Taylor photo JamesTaylor_zps5675d34f.jpg

I don't know about you, but after a relentless barrage of news footage and reports, I just wanted to step away from the 24-hour news programs that invaded my sleep cycle and just breath a little. It just felt like the world was getting too much for me. So when I thought about what song I would pick for Saturday morning, the opening lines of "Up On The Roof" came to mind. "When this old world starts getting me down, and people are just too much for me to face — I climb way up to the top of the stairs and all my cares just drift right into space..." The song was written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King, and first recorded by The Drifters in 1962. But it was the the version from 1979, recorded by the great singer/songwriter James Taylor that really came to my mind, and that is what you will be enjoying here. The original J.T. put his own spin on it, taking the Do-wop out, and making it sound so right with the acoustic guitar. Enjoy "Up On The Roof".



You can find James' original recording of "Up On The Roof" on his 1979 album 'Flag', which you can purchase on iTunes and Amazon. To learn more about James Taylor, visit his official website. You can also like him on Facebook, and follow him on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails