Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Hymns with Anthony Callea

Anthony Callea

It wouldn't be Christmas around here unless I was able to play a bit of Anthony Callea. Since his appearance on Australian Idol, I have been an unabashed fan, always ready to listen to his music and that amazing voice. Since this is a Sunday morning just a couple of days before Christmas, I thought I would give the 'Gospel' slot over to some spiritual Christmas hymns, something Anthony sings particularly well. I will begin with his stunning performance of "Ave Maria". Anthony was joined by The National Boys' Choir of Australia to sing what I believe is the Schubert version of the song.



Next, I offer you Anthony singing "O Holy Night", with music by composer Adolphe Adam in 1847, set to the French poem "Minuit, chrétiens" (Midnight, Christians) by Placide Cappeau. As with every performance I have ever heard of his, Anthony is in exceptional voice, and makes me question if he is a human, or really an angel sent down to earth to enchant us all. Either way, I'm so damn glad I have his music in my iTunes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails