Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Music - Vacation

Paul Lekakis

The insanely gorgeous Paul Lekakis dons a speedo and once again captures my attention with this stirring dance hit, (I Need A) Vacation. The song was released in 2006. As soon as I knew about it, I had to buy it. I am a big Paul Lekakis fan. Once I saw the video, I was amazed, cause there has to be a painting in an attic somewhere. Watch this video and tell me if you are thinking like me, and he don't look like no 40-year-old man...



I used the term once again because he had first commanded my attention when I heard his first hit song almost 20 years before! I can't tell you how many times I have danced to Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room), both out in the clubs in New York when it was released in 1987, or when I cranked it up at home, cause I went out and bought his album, Tattoo It. For the 20th anniversary, he made a new video for it. I don't think there was a video the first time around.



Tattoo It was the only album Lekakis made, at least that I am aware of. After the hit, Lekakis pursued some acting work, which kept him busy. Sometime in the 90s, he not only came out as a gay man, but also announced he was HIV Positive. He did much work promoting HIV and AIDS Awareness, both on stage with the roles he took, and when he was performing at Pride events throughout the country. For more about Paul Lekakis, check out his official website here.

Paul Lekakis

3 comments:

  1. perfect body..wish i have body like this...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're a fan - If I remember well this is the 3rd post you did on Mr Lekakis (there was one re-blog in there)!.

    Of course when I heard "Boom Boom" I had to have it as well and I got the 45 back in the day - it was such a catchy song - I knew the lyrics by heart. I was actually at a club recently and they played the 12" to Boom Boom which really threw me - considering that the club played mainly modern dance and hip-hop and then this dandy little number was thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bali, you and me both!

    SteveA, Boom Boom is such a great song. And so many fun memories associated with it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails