Saturday, November 22, 2014

Spencer Day • I Only Have Eyes For You

 photo Spencer002_zps3703789a.jpg
 photo Spencer003_zps35cc8ae1.jpg  photo Spencer004_zpsb081db06.jpg

Just over a year ago, I was fortunate enough to see the amazing Spencer Day performing live at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia, PA. I really enjoy the space, for it has a wonderfully intimate feel, and I have been able to take some good pictures of performers there through the years. Above, you can see a few of the pictures I took of the handsome crooner, who kept my rapt attention for the entire performance. He not only had a strong set list, he was also game for taking requests from the audience. One of the requests was "I Only Have Eyes For You", a popular love song written in 1934 by composer Harry Warren and lyricist Al Dubin. It debuted in the film 'Dames', starring Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler. However, the best known version might have been the 1959 single by The Flamingos, which made it to #11 on the Billboard Hot 100. But this is Spencer Day with "I Only Have Eyes For You".



You know, one of my favorite versions of this song might just be this one. While Spencer has yet to record the classic song, I pretty much love almost everything that Spencer sings. That would include his latest album, 'Daybreak'. You can purchase 'Daybreak' from Bandcamp, iTunes and Amazon. To learn more about Spencer Day, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook and 'follow' him on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails