Friday, April 15, 2011

Premier: TimPermanent Does Robyn

Video. Exclusive. Here. Now.



Every so often you see a video that makes you shakes your clenched fists at the heavens, screaming "Dammit, why wasn't I at that show? Why, God, why?" OK, I might be a bit more prone to melodrama than you, but you know what I mean. It is one of those moments when artist and material come together is a perfect way, taking a simple acoustic cover to a transcendent place.

Photobucket

I was recently allowed to see a private link to a live performance by TimPermanent, an artist whose music was featured here, and first video was featured here. I was quite excited to see the video, and even more so after it was compete! TimPermanent took the electronic veneer of Robyn's Dancing On My Own away, leaving an acoustic raw nerve being strummed on stage while the camera rolls. I was ready to offer unmentionable acts and the like so I could have the opportunity to post the video, and was offered the opportunity to not only give it a public debut, but given the exclusive on running it the weekend, before it goes into a release next week!



Thankfully, I didn't have to embarrass myself, except in the retelling. But, I am used to that, so I am good. Hell, I am ecstatic, and you just saw why. Rumor has it there might be a single in the offing, and I admit I will at the head of the line to get my copy of it! For more about TimPermanent, check out his official website here. For the other special social networks, you can find him on FaceBook and on Twitter. And you can find him on iTunes & my iPod, and hopefully in yours as well.

10 comments:

  1. I like it. He makes it very personal and intimate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ironic...when I first heard Robyn's version I thought to myself that some guy should sing it and here it is. I would have preferred a few lyric changes but it's a minor critique to an otherwise brilliant cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder Man, He does! I love his music.

    Behr, funny, isn't it? I agree, it is rather brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a talent!

    At the risk of having my Gay Card revoked - this is as good, if not better, than Robyn's version.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice coup, Howard! Mr. Exclusive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. David, I am in agreement, and in dager of losing my card, too!

    Beth, thank you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, completely different feel than Robyn's, but its the same song. Very cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark, agreed - same song at the heart, but very different when all is said and done. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails