Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Morning with Jimmy Somerville




I can't tell you how many times in the past 20-some odd years I done this - put on some Jimmy after waking up Sunday morning. There is something in his voice I find soothing and affirming. So I reached into Jimmy's catalog, and this is what I came up with. First, there is Safe, off 1995's Dare To Love.



Next there is the vastly under-rated Dark Sky from the Manage The Damage CD in 1999. Such a beautiful song, really.



And, finally, there is Lay Down, also from Mange The Damage. Really, if you don't have this album, you should. You can find it on Amazon.Com here, or on iTunes here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Jimmy is a lovely fella. Occasionally see him around town here. Sometimes out shopping and sometimes in one of the local bars. He's a nice sweet man, quite small in height, still got his Scottish accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel in a Bronkski Beat-ish mood when I feel the need to re-connect to my gay roots! Sometimes hanging around so many hetero folks makes me long for some of our gay culture!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails