Monday, January 5, 2015

Dark Monday • Raul Esparza & Lin-Manuel Miranda

 photo Esparza_Miranda006_zpsd43dde09.jpg
 photo Esparza_Miranda004_zpsa4155cbc.jpg  photo Esparza_Miranda005_zps1bebf5b8.jpg

When I first discovered this clip, I giggled like a tween girl finding her first One Direction music video. After all, Lin-Manuel Miranda is adorable, and so very talented. He was the man behind 'In The Heights', writing the music and lyrics. And Raul Esparza is my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet. He is talented, gorgeous, and has a wonderful smile. Together, they are just Papi realness, and I can't resist it. They take on "A Boy Like That"/"I Have A Love" from 'West Side Story', the amazing musical with music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



I must say, I wasn't sure how well their voices would sound together, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. I love it, and keep hitting play again and again. This was taped as part of 'Miscast 2014', produced by the Manhattan Class Company, a group founded in 1986. The event allows Broadway performers to take on songs they wanted to sing, but had no chance of ever being cast without it. After watching this, I don't see why Lin-Manuel and Raul are not cast as Anita and Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails