Tuesday, June 24, 2014

World Cup Fever • Football Song

 photo MattFishelFootballSong1_zpsa24ce5b9.jpg

I just couldn't let the coverage of the FIFA World Cup tournament without a nod to one of my favorite soccer songs ever, "Football Song". I first heard it in 2009, when I discovered the music of Matt Fishel, the British singer/songwriter. I instantly loved Matt's music, which displayed charm, humor, and intelligence in abundance. Now five years later, and I still think of this song whenever I see soccer on the TV schedule.

 photo MattFishelFootballSong_zps3d86614b.jpg

The song is smart and fun, which I find irresistible. Any song which tells the story of a young gay boy's view of any sport certainly has my attention. When it goes on to take a look at what might be going on behind the locker room, and I can't help but smile. And the video has the most charming performance by the darling young man playing a young 'Matt'. And now that World Cup is here, I think of the song often, and have watched the video a few times as well! This is Matt Fishel with "Football Song".



"Football Song" can be found on Matt's 2013 release, 'Not Thinking Straight'. You can purchase the album from iTunes and Amazon. You can also order hard copies, as well as autographed hard copies of the CD from Matt's online store. To learn more about Matt Fishel, visit his official website. You can also follow him on Twitter, and 'like' him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails