Sunday, October 18, 2009

Str8 Boys Need Love Too - Matt Nathanson



Matt Nathanson is the singer/songwriter whose Come On Get Higher seems to be getting lots of radio play. I am not sure I love the song, but I really like what he does with it. To me, the lyrics are a little too 'I want to write a song for the Gray's Anatomy Soundtrack' but ultimately he sings the crap out of it. Oddly, when I looked him up, I have to say I was shocked to read he was 36 years old, for I thought he was much younger.



So Some Mad Hope, the name of the 2007 release with Come On Get Higher, is the sixth studio album. There are also 4 EPs, and one live CD. And I had never heard of him. Guess that says something about tenacity, the ability to believe in your talent and that one day, it will be heard. Not only good for him, but great for him. He is signed to Vanguard Records, most notable for their promotion of Jazz and Folk musicians.



He did a video for the acoustic version of the song All We Are from his living room. There has a certain amount of charm with this video.



Nathanson was originally from Massachusetts, but moved to the San Francisco area with his wife in the 90s. To find out more about Matt Nathanson, click here for his official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails