Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogiversary of Sorts - 4 Months & SIRPAUL


On June 9th, four months ago this evening, I posted my first entry to the blog, entitled Birth of a Blog. I had no idea what I was going to do with the thing, and thought I would figure it out as I went along. I guess I have, although I could see the blog continuing to evolve for some time to come. Interestingly enough, it had no pictures or videos, and was just two simple paragraphs:

So many people I know have blogs, and have been telling me to do one, too. I am still not sure that I am interesting enough to blog, but thought I would give it a shot. So what the hell am I going to say on this blog? I think I just might be finding that out as I go along, since I am, as usual, without a freakin’ clue.

What I do know is that I love music, and will most likely be focusing on the music I do like. I sit at my desk at work, sporting the ear buds and programming the soundtrack to my day on my iPod.


Amazingly, it still holds true. As I sit at my desk and pump out invoices, make sure payroll is under control, or sneak a peak at this blog or the blogs of others, I am wearing my ear buds and fiddling with my iPod Touch, picking out the next artist or album I will listen to. I am still not sure I am interesting enough to do this, but thus far the music as certainly pulled me through. And, of course, the readers.

SIRPAUL

Speaking of readers, the blog has another follower, who also left a rather sweet message. SIRPAUL, one of my favorite artists, stopped by, followed the blog and left the following comment:



I think of myself as first and foremost a fan of music. Whether it is on this blog, in a club or in an online store, I am going to support many of the artists I discuss here, like Eric Himan, Eric & the Adams, Tom Goss, Aiden James, Christopher Dallman, Shane Mack, Gregory Douglass, Casey Stratton, Angela Leo, Belkins, Derek Nicoletto, and, of course, SIRPAUL. There are many others, too. So, as a way of thanking everyone for their support, I thought I would share my favorite SIRPAUL song, one I have been holding for a very special occasion. It is Addicted, from his wonderful CD Dismantle. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.



And Beth, I still blame you and David.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 1 year! I really enjoy your blog as it introduces me to new music and reminds me of old favorites!

    I'm approaching a year too. It's been a great experience to see the blog evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your Blogiversary. Keep the music going. It's really interesting and engaging to hear what you report on music and other things. But I really like the revisits of older stuff the best. We really shouldn't throw that stuff away. Thanks for keeping it fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you write it...they will come. :) But only if it's interesting, so the fact that you're getting lots of visits and readers should put your mind at ease as you realize, "Okay, I must be doing something right."

    You blame me for something? Or the other Beth? What did I do? Usually if I've done something naughty, I make sure I remember it so I can enjoy the memory later. LOL Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to accomplish!

    Stan, thank you. Can't throw the old stuff away - it's still on my iPod!

    Wonder Man, I am sure trying!

    Beth, I am kinda getting used to it, but it still blows my mind. And the blame is for Jotophurnalist Beth, who kept poking me to start a blog, even when I told her I had nothing to say. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely interesting enough! My goodness! I've learned about musicians I wouldn't have known about if not for you and have enjoyed some of my favorites, too. Along the way, we're getting to know you better which is good!

    And thank you to TrannyBeth and David for talking you into creating your blog! (That's how I refer to them to tell the difference between her and Nutwood Beth)

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary Howard! Keep the music shuffle going! Your blog has always been fun and interesting for me. I love your take on music artists and who else would revisit the older stuff? Have a great day Howard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, thank you. Glad you enjoy some of the artists I have featured, and maybe will go out to see them if they come to your neighborhood. At least once you are back from your cruise!

    Kyle, thank you. Glad you enjoy the mix, cause I certainly plan to keep that going. You have a great day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this case, I am PROUD to be blamed for this whole blogging thing of yours.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your blogiversary. I only started this year - and ironically when I was trying to decide on a name I was thinking of "My Life To Soundtrack" - but somehow preferred LHB.
    I adore your blog - I think we have similar tastes in music and it seems that our IPODS may have similar music on it.
    Also your profiling on new music is also good.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails