Monday, October 5, 2009

My Blog Would Suck Wihout U



I have to say, it has been a great couple of weeks for this blog, and I can't tell you what it has meant to me. This blog would not exist without the talented and gifted artists who are the literal soundtrack to my day. Over the past few months, there have been a couple of new discoveries, but for the most part, I am taking a tour of my iPod and my record collection.


Ari Gold referenced my post!


Christopher Dallman appreciated my posts.


Collective Soul not only read, but liked my post!

I never expected this to be much more than me posting some fond memories of my life, and chat about some of my favorite indie performers now, maybe exposing them to a few more fans. That is how it was going, much to my delight. But over the last two weeks, I have heard from the artists more than ever before. I was getting Tweets from several for the most recent posts, and I suddenly realized they might be reading the blog.


Dave Patten was appreciative.


Eric Himan promised to come to the area soon.


Mikey Wax was very nice.


Aiden James is so nice!


Derek Nicoletto read and posted!


A note inside my EP from Ariel Belkin


A blog on Angela Leo's website.

I guess I just wanna say thanks to all these artists, and I am so glad I don't sound like an idiot. I just wanted to take the time to say I appreciate they took the time to read my words and contact me. Much like I appreciate those who stop by and leave comments, and those who stop by to read. Without you, I'd be mumbling to myself. Three weeks ago I celebrated 10,000 hits. Last Friday, the counter tipped past 15,000. Thank you all for sharing the experience.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you supastar! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to hear back from someone like that? Shows they care about their fans. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder Man, Thank you so much.

    Beth, it is great. I am honored, and kinda giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard, I would not miss this blogospere ride for the world. I'm glad the artists appreciate your efforts. You put a lot into this blog each and every day and ask nothing in return. You're the top! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Howard - that is awesome - it must be a dream come true. Hats off to the Master!

    I for one really enjoy your blog! Maybe when I am a rockstar you can write an article about me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyle, thank you so much. I never expected more than a few readers, and it has grown into something more. I am thrilled.

    SteveA, I would love to write about you! This has gone beyond my dreams, and I think I am still in a bit of state about it all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails