Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Music - Groove Armada featuring Will Young

Groove Armada photo groove_armada_zpsbb132e88.jpg

The band is made up of Andy Cato and Tom Findlay, two British boys delivering Electro-Pop. I just saw them on the Jonathan Ross show, and am loving it. I first heard a clip on xolondon's blog, but the performance on the show was even better! I swear, if I close my eyes, I am listening to Jimmy Somervile, circa early Bronski Beat, singing to a current beat and sound. I am digging it greatly. Here is History.



They also reached back into the 80s for another cut, Shameless. They brought in feature vocalist Bryan Ferry, he of the hot solo career and the driving force behind the great band Roxy Music.



The first single off the 'Blacklight' album is I Won't Kneel, featuring SaintSavior on vocals.



For more on Groove Armada, check out their official website.

5 comments:

  1. I always loved Groove Aramada. I think I love them because when I started listening to them, they reminded me sort of like Goldfrapp. I really enjoy there new material

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie, I will admit to not knowing much about Groove Armada until I heard Will Young was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love GA and little Will Young. Such a sweeti. I'll have to wait till I'm home to listen to this as I can't as I'm at work. Shssss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan - I like the track with the elegant Bryan Ferry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, it's almost like aural wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails