Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spencer Day • Live Music

Spencer Day photo Spencer_DayTanglewood_zpsc0bbe613.jpg

I will admit it - I am near giddy because I am going to see Spencer Day playing live in Philadelphia tonight. I am so excited, I can hardly think of anything else, so you get this post about Spencer Day, singing some of his great songs live. The first is "Till You Come To Me", the first song I heard, and the reason I fell in love with the man and his music. It is off his 2009 album, 'Vagabond', which I promptly purchased after hearing the song, and I knew I was hooked for life. The music is smoky and sexy, and I want to pop it like candy. Here is Spencer singing "Till You Come To Me" at the Napa Valley Opera House.



Earlier this year, Spencer released a new album, 'The Mystery of You'. I loved every single track on the album, with the sexy 'Mad Men' feel, like any minute Spencer will be joined singing by Jon Hamm, with a scotch in one hand, and cigarette in the other. There is truly something so sultry about Spencer's voice, I just want to hear him again and again. When I found this clip of Spencer singing at Rockwell Table & Stage, I had to stop myself from clapping at my computer. I hope you enjoy Spencer Day singing "The Mystery of You" as much as I do.



Finally, I have another performance clip from Rockwell Table & Stage, also a song from 'The Mystery of You'. I swear to you, every time I hear the opening of "Something Wicked", I just want to get up and dance, moving my hips like I was some great Latin dancer. And, I can assure you, I am not. But that is how much I feel the music, and can only suggest Spencer does as well. This is "Something Wicked".



'The Mystery of You' is available for purchase from iTunes and Amazon. 'Vagabond' is also available for purchase from iTunes and Amazon. For more about Spencer, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook and 'follow' him on Twitter. Be sure to check out his tour schedule, to see if and when he is playing in your area! If you are in the Philadelphia area and like to attend tonight, get information and tickets from World Cafe Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails