Friday, November 16, 2012

RightOutTV Awards 2012 • Blinded By Stardust & Darren Ockert

2012 RightOutTV Award, Blinded By Stardust & Darren Ockert

In the final installment featuring the winners of the 2012 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards, I saved these winners to jump-start your Friday, to help kick off your weekend. Not only are both winners making excellent music, they also show the universal nature of both the awards as well as music itself. After all, the spotlight first falls on a musical project from Vienna, Austria. The group Blinded By Stardust was named the winner of the Best Electronic/Dance/Hip-Hop/R&B Video for their fantastic single, "Can't We Just Dance Instead (feat. Biuna)".



I love the song, but I will admit I had a tough time learning more about the group. For more about Blinded By Stardust, 'like' them on Facebook or subscribe to the YouTube channel. I can't seem to find a place to purchase the music, but you can check out their songs on Soundcloud.

Darren Ockert is an out and proud musician from England who is currently living and working in Miami, Florida. Ockert released his first album, 'Anything Is Possible,' in 2005. It is a wonderful collection of Electro-Pop, delicious, really. But fast-forward to earlier this year when Ockert released 'The Rain From London' EP, which featured the single that was named Best Electronic/Dance/Hip-Hop/R&B Song, "This Modern Life (1984)".



For more about Darren Ockert, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook, or 'follow' him on Twitter. "This Modern Life (1984)" can be found on 'The Rain From London' EP, which can be purchased on iTunes, Amazon, or Ockert's online store. In fact, you can find his first album on those same retailers, and I can tell you I am thrilled to have it in my collection.

Well, that ties up the winners for the 2012 competition, and I would like to thank RightOutTV founders Marlee Walchuk and Tully Callender for inviting me to join the judging panel, and the opportunity to witness first-hand the depth of the competition among those in the LGBT community who nominated their music and videos. I remain proud of the commitment this blog makes to feature the music of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender artists, the the RightOutTV Awards brought new and interesting artists into my life. For that I will remain so very grateful. You can check out the website for RightOutTV, and discover an excellent line up of amazingly talented people making music from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails