Thursday, June 9, 2011

Livingston Taylor's I Will Be In Love With You




To continue the celebration of the blogiversary, I thought I would post about another favorite of mine, Livingston Taylor. The younger brother of singer/songwriter Sweet Baby James Taylor had some success of his own, something I discovered in high school as my friend Candy was a fan, and shared him with me. I was particularly fond of the 1971 songs Get Out Of Bed and Carolina Day. In 1978, he released the album Three Way Mirror, and the single I Will Be In Love With You.



I am just charmed by much of Livingston's work. That would include his version of Over The Rainbow, off a 1973 album of the same name. Like myself, Livingston had a total respect for some of the classics from the Great American Songbook. Check this out.



For more information and music, check out his official website here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes!!! (think of 'When Harry Met Sally' when you read that...) I do love the musical memories we share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Linda, I always knew you had good taste... :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails