Thursday, October 30, 2014

Throw Back Thursday • Led Zeppelin's "Stairway"

 photo LedZep001_zpsad7bef97.jpg  photo LedZep003_zps78e77124.jpg
 photo LedZep005_zps21b3d451.jpg  photo LedZep002_zpsa0cecc1c.jpg

For Throw Back Thursday, I thought I would start with one of my all-time favorite bands, Led Zeppelin. They were part of the dichotomy of my youth, when I fell in love with all kinds of music. In my early teens, it was the music of Barbra Streisand that spoke directly to my heart. Later, I found I was enamored with the Rock of Led Zeppelin. In between, I found the great music of James Taylor, Carole King, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Joni Mitchell, The Band, and so many others. I decided to go with the music of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham. In 1973, the band was filmed at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The film, 'The Song Remains The Same', was released in 1976. This is a clip from the film, of the band playing their big hit, "Stairway To Heaven".



"Stairway to Heaven" was first recorded for Led Zeppelin's untitled fourth album, usually referred to as 'Led Zeppelin IV'. The album was released almost 43 years ago on November 8, 1971. You can purchase the remastered version of album on iTunes and Amazon.

 photo LedZep004_zps4c3afe95.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails