Thursday, July 31, 2014

Drake Jensen • Everytime I See Your Picture

Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures001_zpscad1555b.jpg
Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures004_zpsbaacf862.jpg Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures008_zps36803b30.jpg Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures005_zpscf60c147.jpg

It seems like while I thought handsome Canadian Country crooner Drake Jensen was relaxing between releases, he was hard at work. I know that because he has released his first music video from his upcoming album, 'Retro'. This will be his third studio album, and if "Everytime I See Your Picture" is any indication of the quality, I can't wait to hear it. The song is a cover of the 1983 hit by Canadian performer Luba. I heard from Drake that it was a favorite, and now I can understand why. The bombastic power ballad was written by Luba Kowalchyk and Pierre Marchand, and her recording was her first song to make it to the Canadian Pop charts, well in to the Top 40 at #26.

Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures002_zps8850b747.jpg Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures006_zpsfaab4a6b.jpg
Drake Jensen - Everytime I See Your Picture photo Pictures007_zps3f7b1abf.jpg

It seems when Drake went back to the studio, he had the good sense to once again with work music producer Jonathan Edwards of Corvidae Music, who also mixed and mastered the track. And, while he was at it, Edwards also directed this music video. Together, the two have given the song a seamless transition from Pop/Rock to Country. The song seems like a perfect choice for Drake, who delivers a great performance, managing both the vocal and emotional range of the song. I hope you enjoy Drake Jensen with "Everytime I See Your Picture".



"Everytime I See Your Picture" is the first single off the upcoming album , 'Retro'. While it isn't available to purchase as a single or as part of a pre-order, you can still pick up music from this talented artist. If I could, I'd pre-order this album, just to get this wonderful song. You can purchase Drake's latest release, 'Outlaw', from iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby. For more information about Drake, visit his official website. You can also 'like' Drake on Facebook, and 'follow' him on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails