Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dylan Rice • The Lie & Break You

Dylan Rice
Dylan Rice Dylan Rice

I just had a hankering to hear some Dylan Rice the other day, and it has stayed with me. I fell hard for the musical wiles of Dylan Rice shortly after first hearing the song, The Lie. I immediately HAD to have the album, and soon was the proud owner of Wandering Eyes. It is hard for me to believe it, but that album was released in 2004, so I've been a fan for a long time. For me, his music had qualities of two favorites of mine, Robert Gordon and Marshall Crenshaw. While both might have a distinct nod to a time gone by, both maintain a very current and fresh feel. I was also more that thrilled to discover I was supporting an out and proud musician, truly an added bonus. Wandering Eyes earned Dylan the 2005 Outmusic Award for Best Debut Recording – Male. Check out the video for The Lie, and discover why Dylan's had me hooked since.



You can purchase Wandering Eyes from iTunes and Amazon. The Chicago-based rocker worked with out Styx guitarist Chuck Panozzo, and in 2006 released the single, Faces Of Victory, a rock anthem written specifically for the Gay Games. You can find that single on iTunes and Amazon. In 2009, Dylan released Electric Grids & Concrete Towers, and once again, I had to scoop it up the first chance I got. On first listen, the music did reflect the title, with a feel that was more urban, a tad darker and industrial than the previous album. But Dylan's voice remained bold and strong, and the guitar work so sweet. Check out a track from the album, Break You.



You can purchase Electric Grids & Concrete Towers from iTunes and Amazon. You can find out more about Dylan Rice on his official website. There you can download from free music, but why not get a jump on this addiction, and just go download his two great albums now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails