Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reminder • Eric Himan Band 'Formal'

The Eric Himan Band

I wanted to take the opportunity to remind everyone you can still pre-order the upcoming release from the Eric Himan Band, 'semi-Formal'. If Eric is playing somewhere, I wanna have my butt in a seat to enjoy. If Eric is back in the studio recording, I wanna put that on my 'must buy' list. He is just one of those artists for me, making music that always touches my heart, that speaks to me personally.

Eric Himan

Now I have many videos on YouTube at this point, the vast majority from shows I have attended over the last few years. In fact, there are over 200 videos, which even shocks me! So I will take this opportunity to share the most viewed video of the 212, which is Eric singing at the MilkBoy Coffee, a show he played with the wonderful Namoli Brennet. He tackles the great song made famous by Janis Joplin, "Get It While You Can."


As many of you who visit the blog often already know, when there is an artist making incredible music, we need to support them. Especially indie artists. Singers with label support, like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Jason Mraz, and Justin Bieber, they all have plenty of corporate support behind them, promoting everything they do. That is not true for the indie artist, who need to rely on fans showing up to shows, and telling their friends about the great new music happening. Another way to support is to pre-purchase a download of 'Formal' once it is available. But that is not the only way. You can purchase the download, a t-shirt, and autographed CD, some time to chat with Eric, or even the actual guitar Eric played while writing his album 'Dark Horse'. Much like the upcoming elections, this is your chance to speak up and be heard. Unless you are supporting indie artists like Eric or others, you can't complain about the awful state of the music business. But when you purchase the album, you are allowing your voice to be heard, kinda like showing up to vote. So step up and participate in the discussion, with a pre-purchase of some kind or another, and tell the world that all kinds of music can and will be heard. Check out Eric's PledgeMusic site now.

The Eric Himan Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails