Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Andrew Gold • Halloween Howls

Andrew Gold Halloween Howls

It has become a yearly tradition for me to post songs found on the late Andrew Gold's great holiday album. It seems back in the mid-1990s, Andrew was enjoying his children, and decided to write some seasonal songs for them. He had such a great time doing it, he went into the studio to record them. This gave birth to the album, 'Halloween Howls.' It combined Gold's original material with a few of the existing Halloween favorites. I will start with "It Must Be Halloween."

I love that "Spooky Scary Skeletons" combines humor and scary topics, just warming my heart to the core. Enjoy this wonderful song.

I love "Don't Scream (It Must Be Halloween)," built on a scream and a sexy Latin beat. I don't know if it can get too much more fun than this.

Well, I guess it can get more fun, for I will end with "Gimme A Smile." This is a delightful tale of a pumpkin wanting to make a deal with the carver, so he won't be stuck scaring children for his very short life...

You can find Andrew Gold's 'Halloween Howls' on iTunes and Amazon.


Related Posts with Thumbnails