Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Andrew Gold • Halloween Howls

Andrew Gold Halloween Howls

It has become a yearly tradition for me to post songs found on the late Andrew Gold's great holiday album. It seems back in the mid-1990s, Andrew was enjoying his children, and decided to write some seasonal songs for them. He had such a great time doing it, he went into the studio to record them. This gave birth to the album, 'Halloween Howls.' It combined Gold's original material with a few of the existing Halloween favorites. I will start with "It Must Be Halloween."



I love that "Spooky Scary Skeletons" combines humor and scary topics, just warming my heart to the core. Enjoy this wonderful song.



I love "Don't Scream (It Must Be Halloween)," built on a scream and a sexy Latin beat. I don't know if it can get too much more fun than this.



Well, I guess it can get more fun, for I will end with "Gimme A Smile." This is a delightful tale of a pumpkin wanting to make a deal with the carver, so he won't be stuck scaring children for his very short life...



You can find Andrew Gold's 'Halloween Howls' on iTunes and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails